Marine-based Job Opportunities
UK Dredging offer an attractive employment package which includes competitive salary, 2 weeks on duty/2 weeks leave working pattern, company pension scheme, private medical insurance and fully funded travel, good opportunity for promotion and to progress certification.
UK Dredging have opportunities for 2 permanent Cook/GP Ratings to join our teams on-board the UKD Bluefin and UKD Orca.We offer a competitive benefits package which includes 1 for 1 leave entitlement (14 days on/14 days off duty).
When joining UK Dredging you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits. Please note that UK Dredging undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also. We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.
- In date ENG 1 Medical Certificate
- EDH Certificate
- Ship’s Cook Certification
- STCW Certification with required updates
Main Duties will include:
- Preparation, cooking and presentation of breakfast, lunch and dinner menu on a daily basis to appropriate quality, nutritional standard and variety, taking into account crew dietary requirements and watch patterns.
- Ordering of food stores and stock control, keeping within budget and minimising waste.
- Cleaning and maintaining hygiene standards within the galley and mess room and all food preparation areas, store rooms and refrigeration units, ensuring that the vessel meets the requirements of Ship's Sanitation Inspection and certification.
- Ensuring that the disposal of all galley generated waste is stored, treated and disposed of in accordance with the vessel’s garbage management plan.
- General deck and engine department duties including mooring, cleaning, painting and maintenance as may be directed.
- Support of the shipboard safety management system.
Please click for details of how to apply.
Please note that UK Dredging does not wish to fill these positions via an agency. Please do not make unsolicited approaches with reference to the above post.